Submit Your Own Research Idea
What makes a good research idea?
What information or device would help you manage your disease and improve your lifestyle? It might be helpful to consider:
- Will this idea help improve quality of life for patients?
- Will this idea help doctors treat or diagnose diseases?
- Will the outcome be simple and affordable for people to use?
What’s a feasibility assessment?
Our first step will be to assess your idea to see if it’s technically possible to turn into a study or clinical trial. We’ll consider:
- What is already known about the topic?
- How many participants will be required to run the study, and will we be able to recruit them? (this can sometimes be a problem in rare disease)
- Is the proposed treatment or device available?
- Will specialist clinicians support this research?
- Is the research ethical?
- Are there potential funding sources?